Thursday, November 4, 2010

Buffy and Flu Shots



Two nights ago the most incredible thing happened. I was next door with some friends, bundled up in a blanket and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. One of the girl's friends came over in her nursing scrubs with extra flu shots, and offered to give me one for free. I didn't even have to move from my lazy perch in front of the tv - I just had to expose my arm! She filled out all the paperwork and everything. It was the best flu shot I've ever had.

8 comments:

  1. Did it hurt like a mother afterward? Mine sure did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely respect that you are watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I own the first two seasons on DVD. Season One was signed by the Xander actor. I got to give him a hug at the signing. He smokes. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It felt like a bruise, but I'd played v-ball the night before so the bruising fit right in with the bruises on my thumb knuckles.

    Yes! It was my first viewing of Buffy, but I expect many more to come. Xander is awesome - I'm a little jealous that you got to hug that man. :)

    Also, this week I was really into Prison Break - have you seen it

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you watching all of Buffy in order? I'm so glad to hear this! I loaned my all-seven-seasons collection to one of my high schoolers, and she watched it in three months. That's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm not sure I can commit to three months, but we'll see. I definitely intend to watch at least a few more, to get a real feel for Buffy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jealous. I wanted to do that to you. Your skinny upper arm was just calling to me to SQUEEZE it and get that sucker in there without hitting the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. also, that little boy looks like Milo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next fall, Lynn, my bony arm is all yours!

    ReplyDelete