Thursday, November 4, 2010

Appearance of TV

It may seem that all I do in grad school is watch TV. Yes, my TV consumption has drastically increased in the last week, but it's almost an academic exercise since the shows are so old, right? I'll think of it as a study of recent culture, and be grateful that the fashion of Buffy is over.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get Susan into Buffy soon, actually. Probably one of the best shows ever. Actually, only one of two shows that I actually own. Was watching an episode this summer with my brother, and the episode ended up being about abusive relationships (albeit with a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde twist) and I realized that I wanted my little sister to watch it with us, to learn the lesson.

    Was an interesting moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's kind of cool, that there are legitimate lessons to be learned from a girl fighting vampires. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see that your Thursdays remain productive. Blog-wise, that is.

    ReplyDelete