Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Night Train
After spending the day walking all over Auschwitz, I was physically and emotionally exhausted. I caught a train from the town to another town, taking in a quick dinner of bread and cream cheese with paprika in it (a local specialty - they love paprika. It was delicious), and cucumbers, before catching a train to Katowice. At midnight I boarded an overnight train to Budapest, and got to sleep in a bed! They have these little compartments with three beds (like bunk beds) and I slept almost the entire way! It was perfect, and cleaner than the previous night's single room at a hostel (which means either the train was really clean or the hostel was really dirty . . . probably the latter). Shared the room with two young travelers from Norway. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment