I have a really boring 2 hour lecture Thursday mornings. Thus, I now have a time dedicated to write thoughts about whatever. This entry is from my second time in this class, dated 9/9/10.
"Too many cutesy, benign aphorisms - why? Why does a department head suck at teaching? Why do 40 adults allow for this masochistic 2 hour waste of time to occur? I hate the long pause effect - you say something pretty unimpressive, but pause for a long time to let the mediocre wording set in, as if to validate the subpar previous 15 minutes. It's as if an older gentleman invited us over to a dinner party where he launches into self-inducing conversational terrorism. The difference is that I'm paying thousands of dollars to attend this dinner party . . . and there isn't even any food! Why does this happen? The professor keeps repeating that the career of education is above and beyond a lot of other professions in many ways, but doesn't give himself and us the respect to treat the class like he would were he a lawyer teaching law, a doctor teaching medicine, etc. THIS is why the industry has a bad reputation."
Two things:
ReplyDelete1. I'm offended at the insult to conversational terrorism. I, for one, value conversational terrorism skills very highly. Sounds like this yahoo is a natural.
2. I bleeding love you. (I actually bloody love you, but I don't know how you feel about British swears on your blog.) (Then I wrote it anyway.)
What industry?
ReplyDelete