Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sight Unseen


Deutschland here I come!!! The National Endowment for the Humanities has accepted me for their four week course on Bach this summer, located in Eastern Germany, and I am THRILLED. I'll head over at the end of June and spend a month learning all about one of the best composers to ever live . . . and I'll learn it from a Bach professor who has been deemed worthy of marriage, sight unseen. I'll hopefully travel around afterwards, and enjoy new sights.

Tonight I began my German language training and can hesitantly tell someone that I am American and that I don't understand German, though I don't know why I would use German to tell someone that when clearly anyone who speaks German would be able to tell from my German that I don't speak German. By the by, "ich" is supposed to sound like the beginning of the word "hugh" with an i in front of it. Think of it like an iPod, only iHugh, minus the ugh . . . which leaves iH.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Kevin was going to go to Germany to study music in a conservatory, but then he chose to serve a mission instead. We're pretty excited for you, so be sure to post stuff and send photos to the Hulterstrom Highlights newsletter! -Mindy & Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That will be an amazing experience! Can't wait to hear about it! You are missed here in DC!

    ReplyDelete