Monday, January 3, 2011

(Couch) Surfin' USA!


BU has an absurdly long winter break right now, and I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I'm going couch surfing--Mormon style. From Dec. 13-21 I slept on the couch in Wendralynkle Manor, catching up with my DC dearies and visiting favorite museums and restaurants.

From Dec. 21 - Dec. 25 I partied with the Fam, celebrating Christmas with a quickie (actually I was pretty slow) two mile run, kiddies, presents, treasure hunt, and True Grit. The following day I peaced out of Seattle and made a run for it with my sister's family to Utah. I definitely got sick along the way, but acting as resident soundtrack to my sister as she showed me her clogging routine at the rest stops made up for it!

Dec. 26 - spent the night in Layton. Dec. 27 - 30, couch surfed at Megan's in Mapleton (this included Cafe Rio, BYU Art Museum, college friends, and a wonderful wedding reception), then Dec. 31-Jan 2 stayed with a friend in Highland (this included an explosive new year's, shootin' with buddies, and Temple Square). I was so impressed with the kindness these different families showed me without really even knowing me. Everyone was INCREDIBLY generous.

Currently, I'm at a friend's apartment in Spokane (writing this while sampling her lit class), and will stay a few days before returning for a week with the parents. Coincidentally, the guy next to me on the flight to Spokane happens to be a friend of my friend's, and we ended up at his house last night for games. Small world!

The last leg of my journey before returning to Boston requires a trek on the Greyhound . . . will I make it back to Bellevue? TBD, but up to now project Couch Surfin' USA has been a complete success!

No comments:

Post a Comment